So, I was driving to work on Saturday in Sandy and saw a sign on the lawn for "Yorkie Shih tzu puppies". I quickly turned my car around and thought "can't hurt to look!" After months of talking about getting a dog, especially because Mikayl just adores dogs and Jefferson is like a dog whisperer, we decided not to get a one until we had a back yard with a fence and grass. Mikayl mentioned it again just last week even and I told her the same thing. Well, when I saw the 3 little black balls of fur, I fell in love and could not resist calling Jefferson and sending him pics over the phone. Then all of these families showed up with little kids wanting to just see them and hold them, but not buy them. I continued to hold one puppy and after Jefferson gave me a little hard time on the phone (apparently it was fake because he knew he was going to say yes) he said to get him. The 2 other puppies were bought within that 45 min time also! I took the puppy up the street to meet Jefferson on his route and he was like a proud papa. Baby talk started immediately and he was in love too.
The only hangup was that I knew Mikayl wouldn'[t get to meet him until Wed after school and that was just killing me! I wanted to run over and show her the puppy but we decided it would be better to train him a little at home first and make it a big surprise. We love surprising her! We also decided to wait and let her name him so for 5 days he was puppy, pupster, little big dog (he thinks he's huge!), little briches, and squirt.
Yesterday, Jefferson picked Mikayl up form school, told her to go upstairs and make her bed first thing before doing anything else. Meanwhile, I hid the puppy under her covers and hid in the room across the hall with the video camera. As they entered her room I brought the video camera to the doorway behind them and she said "what's under my covers?" She saw him and squealed "it's a puppy!!" Oh it was worth the wait! She decided first thing to name him OREO and I laughed because that was one of the first names I thought of too.
To be honest, I needed someone home with me during the day to love and care for. And since we haven't gotten pregnant yet and haven't saved up for adoption yet, this puppy is filling a void and I love every minute. It's been really fun for me, which is funny for those that know me well because I've NEVER been a dog lover. Oreo just melts my heart!





