Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mikayl's 10th Bday

Mikayl had a great birthday sleepover party. It was a small party, just my 2 nieces and Amaiya, which was enough for me to handle all by myself. I love having a house where the kids can all go outside or upstairs to play and I can't even hear them! And a huge kitchen to make treats. I decided to be as crafty as possible. We had pizza with strawberry lemonade slushies, cupcakes baked inside ice cream cones (decorated by the girls with frosting) and home made rocky road ice cream! It was all very yummy, and quite a learning experience for me. As always, the girls performed a play for us. Amaiya was marrying a large stuffed whale and the other girls were bridesmaids and a dog. It was quite comical. They had a great audience, me and Jefferson, Jeff & Crystal and Jenny & Justin, who arrived just in time. We also painted frig magnets. It was so much fun, maybe more for me, I'm not sure. I've just always dreamed of having this life and now it's here, I am so thankful. Mikayl had a great time with her new bike. It's been a few weeks since she got it and has been wanting to practice everyday. She's getting better every time she rides. Her fear is decreasing with each ride. We're so proud of her.